He Created Beauty


I must admit, sometimes standing in front of the mirror isn't my best time.  It's so easy to see all our flaws, isn't it? My time in front of the mirror normally sounds like this...

My face is too fat.
The bags under my eyes look horrid. Sleep girl, you need sleep.
My skin is terrible. Yikes.
And this nose.  Oy.  Broken one too many times.
The scars on my stomach are ridiculous. Can you say road map?
How others can even look at me?


Yep, that's what mine sounds like. But during a recent not-so-fun glance in the mirror, I was reminded of something. We are all made in Gods image. Every single one of us. Do you know what that means? I am beautiful, so are YOU, because we are daughters of the King and we were made in His image. Take a moment and let that sink in. you are perfectly perfect and what He wants you to be.

So from now on, rather than listing our faults, listen to His familiar small whisper.

You were created in my image, beautiful girl (Genesis 1:27)

I saw your beauty when I made you (Genesis 1:31)

You are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)

I will never leave you (Joshua 1:9)

Your husband see's your beauty (Song of Songs 4:7)

I can see your beautiful heart (1 Samuel 16:7)

I'm captivated by your beauty (Psalm 45:11)


Once I was able to focus on Him rather than myself, the image I saw in the mirror was quite different.

I see hands that type a blog to encourage others.
I see a heart that overflows with love for my husband, children and so many more.
I see eyes that are so quick to weep with those who weep.
I see scars that I praised Him through.
I see the beauty He created me to be.